A great Turkey leftover recipe to try !
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup toasted almond slivers
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add mushrooms and onion; saute' until onion is tender. Remove from heat and stir in turkey, undiluted soup, sour cream, olives, almonds and chili powder.
Briefly cook tortillas in hot oil until softened; drain on paper towels.
Place 1/3 Cup turkey mixture in center of each tortilla.
Bring opposite sides of each tortilla up over turkey mixture overlapping edges at center. Arrange, seamside down, on a greased 9x13 and a 8x8 baking dish. Spoon remaining turkey mixture down center of each enchilada.
Sprinkle cheese on top.
Bake @ 400~ for 25 minutes until hot. May take longer depending on oven.
The Turkey leftover recipe with olives is ready to serve !